Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thursday Quiz - What's a snowy day without comfort food?

Yesterday was a heck of a snowstorm.
No going out to get lunch for me.
And I've been bringing my lunch lately, mostly to save money, but also because the cafe next door carries the same thing everyday and who wants to pay over $3.00 for a tuna sandwich.
Fortunately I had made a big batch of macaroni and cheese on Saturday.
DH didn't care for it too much because I was serving a meatless meal, and the kids didn't like it either because it didn't come from a box and was orange in color.
Too bad for them - more for me.
I thought it was delicious, albeit a bit smoky due to the fire.
Well I had overloaded the pan, and I thought it wouldn't run over.
There I go thinking again.
So it did, and there were flames, and smoke, and you know the drill.
Now I have to clean that side of the oven - the non-self-cleaning oven.
Yuck.
Anyway, it was a perfect day yesterday for some comfort food, and everyone was eyeballing my mac and cheese.
I didn't share - maybe the next non-smoky batch.
Soup is also a wonderful comfort food, and here's today's quiz about soup.



You Are Chicken Noodle Soup



You are a traditional and conservative person. You value the past, and change frightens you.
You are very loyal, especially to your family. You prefer a low-key life, with lots of time spent at home.
You like soup because it's easy, quick, and cheap.
You tend to have a favorite soup you stick to. Why change a good thing?


I'm surprised I'm not tomato soup, because that's actually my favorite, but I must be wrong, because a five question quiz couldn't be inaccurate in its assessment.
Or could it?
What's your comfort food?

Updated: Speaking of comfort food, have you seen this latest dish? I can feel my arteries clogging just looking at pictures, and you know I love my bacon.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I don't know. Does that $3 tuna sandwich also include chocolate pudding?

: D