Friday, January 02, 2009

It's Friday, so it's time to decide

Major Knitter started a Ravelry group called Finish or Frog It. Details can be found in this blog post or at Ravelry.
I joined because I know I will use it to assess my projects on hand, ones that I should not have started and just should not be worked on by me.
Or for projects that are waiting for that little shove to get finished.
Personally I like to think of this group as the NLM - the Needle Liberation Movement.
So far I have this project to consider:
Doesn't look like much, right?
Actually it is a hat.
It is a hat that was almost to completion, but when I tried it on my head, I looked like Dumb Donald.
I started to tink it so I could get rid of some of the extra rows, but then it just got ugly.
And if you think this pile looks like a mess, you should see what it was before I untangled it.
Left alone with yarn for one day, cats can make a mess.
Given three months, it is a catastrophe.
Pun intended.
Considering that the pattern is not readily available, I can't remember what type of yarn it is (bought it from Elann), and I still have another 30 minutes of untangling time left, I think I'm going to be using today as.....

Once the yarn is reclaimed, I think I'm going to stick it back in my stash and wait for that moment when I find the pattern again.
Thanks to Major Knitter for starting this group.
It's just what I need to get the new year off to a good start.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Yeah! You're the first official frogging post. Good for you. I bet it feels good. I'm very proud of you.