Saturday, January 17, 2009

Working Stiffs

I've come to the conclusion that there are some jobs which I just could not imagine having to do.
Take these for example:

* Working as a garbage collector in Western NY in the winter
* Working as a mail carrier in Western NY in the winter
* Working as a linesman for the electric company in Western NY in the winter
* Working as a restaurant delivery person in Western NY in the winter
* Working at a fast food restaurant drive-through window in Western NY in the winter

Are you picking up on a theme here?
Yeah, it's cold, and it's miserable outside
So the worst job right now is:

* Working anywhere that puts you in contact with the outdoors in Western NY in the winter

And God bless those who are strong enough to keep working those jobs.
I couldn't do it.

2 comments:

Kat said...

I used to work the McD's drive-thru in the winter in CT... I don't think I've ever been so cold.

Angelika said...

That's why I choose to stay indoors and knit, even if it's not that cold here in KY.