Sunday, January 25, 2009

Back to School....for some

Tomorrow is the first day of classes for the college.
You can tell the students are back because the traffic in town has increased.
Since we have one main thoroughfare through town that is about 3 miles long, trust me, you can tell when traffic has increased.
It's no Beltway traffic, like we left behind in Virginia, but it's enough to be an irritant.
For the extra 5 minutes it takes to get through.
Stop laughing, all you NYC, DC and LA readers.
And while the students will be bracing for their long walk to class through these low, low, low temperatures, I won't be.
Oh I'll be going to work, but I'm not heading back to school for the first time since 2003 and I can't believe how difficult it is for me.
Taking classes is almost like a compulsion - I have to do it.
I love going to them, and I love learning, so it only makes sense to feed my compulsion, right?
I just have to keep telling myself, "No!"
Think if I bought some sock yarn I would feel a bit better?

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Why not take a knitting class?

Nancy Wetmore-Mathews said...

Sock yarn makes everything better;)

Justine Aurora said...

Wow, I know i'm not around much, but you mention the college and you don't even mention how it's my last semester as an undergrad...way to be mom. way. to. be.