Friday, January 09, 2009

Frogging, Fixing, Finishing

Which will it be this week?
I know you're on the edge of your seat.
Okay, so here goes.
I have this hat I'm trying to make.
It's a nice little hat, made of cotton yarn.
I started knitting it up on the Saturday before Christmas, made one small error (nothing major, I can live with mistakes), but then totally screwed up on the lace row.
Yeah, halfway through the hat.
This is what it is supposed to look like (Lace Beanie, a free pattern from Lion Brand):


I got the bright idea that if I just ripped out the offending lace portion I could pick up where I left off and finish it.
Unfortunately, it didn't quite work that way.
Picking up stitches is not my forte, nor is forcing them back into the needles, even on size 8 DPs.
Here's my hat, looking like a deformed doily:



(Can you imagine that on your table, much less on your head? Egads.)
I would still like to finish this hat, because for starters it is a good use of this random skein of Lion Brand Cotton Ease.
For another, I won't let this simple hat defeat me.
So with that, I will choose to rip it ALL out, and then....


Yes, I will finish it.
I'm sure you saw where this was going even before I announced my decision.
You're all so smart.
This hat is actually quite a quick knit, if you pay attention and don't get all stupid.
So this weekend I will be working on my Lace Beanie.
Hopefully by Monday I'll have a picture to post here, and of course here as well.
Wish me luck!!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Good for you! You can do it.