Thursday, January 15, 2009

Quiz - Signs of the Times

For supper last night, we drove down and picked up some pizza.
This pizza place has a drive-through window - how cool is that.
Unfortunately, the pizza and wings left a little something to be desired.
Not sure if it is because it is so cold outside, it's so cold in my kitchen, or it's a different crew in their kitchen, but they were kind of meh.
I did take a picture of the sign they have by their window, because I always like to see it.

Can you read it?
It says, "Blind Corner Swing Wide."
I know, it's the simple things that give me pleasure.
There's another picture in town that makes me chuckle every time I see it and I'll have to get a picture and post it.
Later, though, because we're still looking at -20 degrees today, or something like that.
DN2 told me yesterday that her classroom is so cold she felt like crying, and then the boy who sits in front of her actually did start crying because he was cold.
The kids don't dress appropriately sometimes, but that school is cold, and even though it is relatively new, it's probably still kind of drafty.
Anyway, I'm not talking about the weather today, but about signs.
Here's a sign quiz for you:



Your Rising Sign is Aquarius



You are an interesting mix of introspective and outlandish.
Waving your freak flag high, you really do things your own way.
While you may seem distant, you care very deeply for humanity.
You just have no tolerance for fools, slackers, or dullards.
And while you're fairly misanthropic, many are drawn to you.
Innovative and clever, people look to you for new ideas and trends.


Wow, "waving my freak flag high," eh?
That's the most interesting phrase I've heard in a while, and you can bet I'll be using it more often.
Especially with regards to my activities.
"Sorry, can't help you, but it goes against the ethos of my freak flag."
or...
"Don't mind me, my freak flag is just waving high today!"
or...
"Burning my freak flag would be a violation of my constitutional rights."
Wow, this is too much freaky conversation for one day.
What's your sign?

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Hi Julie, Thanks for the "shout out" in your last post. I don't remember reading Scarlet Letter in high school either, but I do remember the girl with the eyes. I think her name was Meg Foster. Too bad, now people can just cheat to get those eyes with contacts.

I, of course, loved the topic of your paper. I've learned to love Hester after teaching SL for over fifteen years. I'm a little sick of the fact that she covered for such a loser as Dimmesdale. When I was younger, I felt sorry for him , but now I'm like, "you're pitiful."

Jennifer said...

Poor kids. How sad that they are that cold in school.