Saturday, January 12, 2008

Mopping my Plate

I don't always join a lot of Knit-a-longs (KALs) but I have joined some.
And then I'm not always successful at keeping up with the KAL - I often lose steam and never finish, or intend to start and then think it's either too hard or I get distracted by something else.
But I think I like this KAL - it is called Clean Your Plate 2008 and according to the blog host there are, "no rules, no deadlines, just finishing projects and feeling good..."
Now this is a KAL at which I can be successful because I have really cleared a lot off of my needles, mostly because the projects have been unraveled and the yarn neatly (most of the time) stored. I do have three projects hanging around that I am truly working on finishing.
First up is the My So-Called Scarf:
I have been working on this for much too long and it really needs to be finished. I am approximately 75% done and if I continue to take DN2 to swim practice three nights a week and I knit instead of read then I could complete it. Either that or take vacation and stay at home, watch movies and knit. I like that.
Next up is the Chevron Scarf:
This scarf has been hanging around for much too long as well, and the problem is I screw it up and then let it sit until I fix it. Angelika could have knit 2 dozen of these scarves in the time it has taken me to work on one, but that's why she is a knit wiz (and why you see her work featured in KnitPicks). Well my balls are shrinking and the scarf is nearing completion. Because I am an idiot (in case you hadn't heard) I failed to order 2 skeins of each color so my scarf will not be as long as the one featured in Last Minute Knitted Gifts. It is probably a blessing in disguise because DN2 would be graduating from high school by the time I would have it completed if I needed to continue.
The last project I have is a cape from Lion Brands Just Wraps:
This picture shows only the yarn.
Want to know why?
Because when I have the yarn I can't find the book. Once I find the book, I misplace the yarn (yes, even in a nice container like this.) I never seem to have these two items together at the same time. I'm not sure why...if I think about it I might come up with a plausible reason (messy house) but I really know it's because The Borrowers must need it for something.
Once these bad boys are done you know for sure I'm picking up those DPs again and I vow, with God as my witness, I will never go hungry again...no, that's not right...I will knit socks and successfully turn a heel if it kills me.

2 comments:

Angelika said...

Thanks for making my head swell, now I need to make a bigger hat. :D I made both of those scarves too, just didn't put them into Ravelry. I love the colors you chose and can't wait to see them finished. I vote for the vacation.

Jennifer said...

Oooh - knitting content! I love seeing knitting content on your blog. I feel like such a proud mama whose child is spreading her wings. Good going.