Friday, December 22, 2006

The Longest Day

According to the Naval Observatory today's sunrise is at 7:41 and sunset is at 4:40.
Welcome to the shortest day of the year and the longest day of the work week - the Friday before Christmas.
And what is truly sad is that I snagged the best parking spot this morning. Of course, there were only 4 other cars in the parking lot. What's even sadder is I was running about 4 minutes late (so 8:04) and I still got the best spot.
That's okay, I've got my book, I've got some knitting, and Lord knows I have work today (meh), and I'm hoping a guardian angel will come along and say, "Oh, please don't stay all day. Leave early if you'd like."
Because Christmas is the time of benevolence and good will, or so I've been told.

Note: Time on deck is 1337 (that's 1:37), and I'm the last one here. It's kind of like standing duty, being here all alone, but at least I don't have to go out and tour the area making sure all is secure (or keep a logbook). I would start to become concerned if I heard the elevator running - that might freak me out. But I've been given permission via General Order #5 and I will be quitting my post at 1400 (that's 2:00), so I'll be hightailing it out of here in order to go home and, well, do nothing! Kind of like how I spent this week at work! Enjoy the weekend!!

No comments: