Friday, December 08, 2006

The Safest Forecast

Around here the safest, and most used, forecast is "lake effect snow." It may not always happen but it's the safest bet to call for it, then if it doesn't happen, I don't know, blame it on the Canadians (just kidding! I love Canada!). We began the day yesterday with the threat of lake effect snow. This is what I saw out my front door yesterday morning:


Not too bad. Here's a picture from work just to thrill ya:


By yesterday afternoon, however, the winds were picking up and the forecast continued to call for - what else - lake effect snow. Here's the scene out my front door this morning:


You can't even see down the street and of course I didn't want to step outside only wearing slipper socks (thanks Sheri!). And it continues to snow. Just goes to show you, when the odds are even your forecast may actually end up being spot on - at least 50% of the time.

No comments: