Saturday, December 23, 2006

Six Weird Things

I've been tagged by KnittyOtter and I feel compelled to comply because she's just so awesome (you are!).

Here are the rules: "Each player of this game starts with the "6 weird things about you." People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says "you are tagged" in their comments and tell them to read your blog."

Oddly enough, I'm having trouble finding enough weird things about myself to complete this list(ha ha!). So really, if you feel the need to contribute weird things about me, by all means go ahead, but I know you'll have trouble, because I may be whacked and a total dork, but I'm not weird!!

1. Eggs. I am very particular about my eggs. I cannot stand for my eggs to be cold. If I could eat them straight from the frying pan I would, because I hate it if my eggs get cold. And I get very angry if anyone gets in the way of me eating my eggs after they have been sitting on my plate for more than a minute. Now if I purchase them from somewhere that I don't expect to be fresh and hot, like the hospital cafeteria, right Sheri, then I will get them scrambled and cover them with ketchup. (I don't like buttering cold toast either - the butter must be placed on the toasted bread as soon as it is finished toasting so that it has an opportunity to melt into the toast.)

2. I like to eat the food on my plate one item at a time. Normally I'll start with vegetables first, but I also factor in what I will eat last since that is the taste I want to have in my mouth when I'm finished eating. And yes, Jean, the foods can touch, but only sometimes. If I am at a buffet I do not like my food items to touch. I like for them all to have their own little spot on the plate. I'll go back for seconds and thirds just so my food doesn't run into each other.

3. I have intellectual crushes on writers. I'm just a dirty whore, I know, but sometimes I just can't help becoming attracted to someone through their words. I believe we've already discussed my fascination with Albert Camus, but I also like Gilbert Highet and H.D.F. Kitto. And no, I don't look at their pictures, I read their words. Much more effective, because their looks? Meh. Their brains? Oh yeah, baby.

4. I abhor having my picture taken. No really, I really hate it. With a passion. I wish that I were as photogenic as my children, but I think I look goofy and dorky (and gigantic) in every picture, except for some that were taken in 1996. Yes, for a short period there I actually peaked.

5. I follow stories in comic strips and certain tv shows to the extent that I feel anxiety for them. I know they are not real people. I can't help it. I get too involved. What will happen next in For Better or Worse??? This is why I don't follow a lot of soap operas, because I know I'll become addicted and filled with anxiety. It was wrenching for me to move up here and not be able to watch EastEnders anymore. I've got history with that show - I've been watching it since 1992!! Literally. So I try not to think about it and how I don't know what is going on. It's difficult. I miss Grant! (If only I could access the Buffalo or Syracuse PBS station.)

And if my kids are reading this, they can stop right now. Good-bye!

Psst. Are they gone?
Okay good.
Here's that last one.
6. Beer makes me horny. And you know I have to be careful when I drink it and read Camus. ^_^

Now I'm supposed to tag six people. That may be difficult, so let's see, I'll choose three and then three other people can chose themselves. But let me know who you are!! Here goes: Kat, Micky, and Jennifer.

2 comments:

Justine said...

...

okay i'm good.

Kat said...

Okay I finally did it :)