Monday, December 18, 2006

Book Meme

Courtesy of Kat.
Because why should you have to listen to me complain about how poorly my knitting is going (is it possible I just cannot read directions?).
Or about how I'm searching high and low in my house trying to find Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol so I can finally catch up with the Knit the Classics Ring? Anyway, here's a book meme and it goes something like this.

1. Find the nearest book.
Since I'm such a wonderful housekeeper (watch out Little Suzy Homemaker), I am able to reach over to the side of my bed and search amongst the half dozen books lying there.

2. Turn to page 123.
Easy enough to do since there's enough wattage coming from the neighbor's
Christmas display to blind me. Not to mention the streetlight.

3. Go to the fifth sentence on the page.
Glad I'm not wearing socks - I need my toes to count.

4. Copy out the next three sentences and post to your blog.
Now shouldn't they have revised that sentence? Why write it and then type it?
Time management folks.

5. Name the book, the author, and tag three more folks.
Tag, you're it. And no touchbacks.

This is what I have:

Mersault already knew the owner of the cafe, a former tenor who would sing behind his bar and between two beats of Tosca threaten his wife with a beating. Patrice was asked to serve with Bernard on the holiday committee, and on July 14 they walked through the streets in tricolor armbands or argued with the other committee meembers sitting around a zinc table sticky with aperitifs as to whether the bandstand should be decorated with ferns or palms. There was even an attempt to lure him into an electoral contest, but Mersault had had time to know the mayor, who had "presided over the destiny of his commune" (as he said) for the last decade, and this semi-permanent position inclined him to regard himself as Napoleon Bonaparte.

A Happy Death Albert Camus

Yes, folks, this is what is next to my bed. And you wonder why I'm so whacked out.

1 comment:

Kat said...

"a zinc table sticky with aperitifs"

I like that line for some reason.

In my house, it would be "a formica table sticky with kool-aid"

which is why I will never be the subject of any classical literature