Saturday, December 23, 2006

If this doesn't make you feel old, I don't know what will

Time: 10:30 pm (it's late, it's a Saturday, so sue me)
Place: My living room
People: DN2 (age 8) and me
Watching: "Desperately Seeking Susan"
Set up: Scene where Roseanna Arquette is in jail and is placing her one (actually second) phone call. She asks if she can make another call and then proceeds to dial the phone (it's a rotary dial).

DN2: How do they do that?
Me: What? (Pause) Dial the phone?!?!?!
DN2: Yes
Me: Well you put your finger in the holes and turn the dial.
DN2: (Pauses while thinking) You're going to have to buy one because I just don't understand.
Me: (Laughing)

Tomorrow we'll talk about records. This should be interesting.

1 comment:

Micky said...

We totally had a similar conversation with our kids. So our mamaw broke out her rotary phone. We had one of the kids dial a number. Part of the way through, we said oops you messed up. He says what do I do. We said start all over. They thought that was funny.
:)