Monday, January 08, 2007

Sorry, I was busy in talks with Hollywood

No posting over the weekend.
I was sick, lame, and lazy.
And of course, I was in a movie.
Seriously!
DH rented a movie on Saturday called The Game of Their Lives. It's about the 1950 World Cup game (this is soccer, folks), where the U.S. beat the Brits in the first round (thus setting the bar for future World Cup competition where the US wins in the first round but doesn't get much farther).
The film opened and the announcer says, "Welcome to the RFK stadium and the 2004 Sierra Mist MLS All Star game," or something along those lines. I looked at DH and said, "Hey, we were there."
You know I love watching my soccer games (and players) and we had some seriously good seats at this game.
Well sure enough, DN1 comes home from the Redneck part of NYS (the Southern Tier) and watches the movie and spies us in the crowd!
So rent the movie and watch it because it's soccer, not just because you might see me.

1 comment:

Alice said...

US soccer beat England??!?!!?

*still suffering from shock*

not surprised I've not heard of that movie (living in london, as I do...)

I found your blog through a ring, but seeing as you are talking about the (non-knitting) topic of soccer and DH's, plus you are a knit blog, I may well be back.

My boyf is possibly the only guy in GB to both watch American Football obsessively (VERY weird this side of the atlantic) and proudly wear a Scotland Soccer Tee, Sweatshirt and jacket...