Monday, January 29, 2007

Can I get a refund for time wasted?

Last night while trying to struggle through a chapter of Thomas Carlyle's text On Heroes, Hero Worship, and the Heroic in History, I turned on the tv.
After flipping through channels I realized that The Soup was on E, so I watched it.
Now that is a good show, it makes me laugh and keeps me as up-to-date as I need to be with regards to other television shows.
But then I made the big mistake.
I kept it on E after The Soup ended.
Intrigued, I decided to stay and watch High Maintenance 90210.
Are these shows for real?
Are people really this selfish, vacuous and downright stupid? Not to mention afflicted with drinking problems?
It was like watching a train wreck, problem is you don't know how much is real and how much is scripted.
And no, I don't think I'll be watching it again, but I would like to have that 1/2 hour back in order to do something productive, like watch Weird Al videos.

1 comment:

Justine said...

can't really argue with that...damn you E for publishing such trashy shows that we at our most weak and vulnerable (i.e. avoiding work) feel compelled to stay and watch it...damn yous to hell...

but can't argue with the soup...i love that show