Thursday, January 18, 2007

Funny books and bottle deposits

When we went to the museum on Sunday they had library books all over the place. So while DN2 worked on a craft I read to her from a book that was close by. For the record, I love places that push reading.
I found a great book with some poems that made me laugh, and the pictures were great too!
Here in New York, and in some other states, we have to pay a 5 cent deposit on all bottles and cans of anything with carbonation (this includes Red Bull). So this poem caught my eye and really cracked me up:

Poor Dad

A witch mean and bad
Imprisoned poor Dad
In a bottle of pop in the closet.

We couldn't free Dad
And were sad when we had
To return him for the nickel deposit.

It's from a book called Timothy Tunny Swallowed a Bunny by Bill Grossman.
And tomorrow is Friday!
Yee haw!

No comments: