Wednesday, January 31, 2007

More VB for the B-day Girl

Well, girl is hardly a word you would use when talking about my mother.
She turned 75 yesterday.
Last year I hosted, well planned (and paid for) a surprise birthday party with all the cousins, aunts and my one remaining uncle.
This year I just had her over for dinner.
And I bought her a Vera Bradley bag.
Let it be known that this is one craze I am not entering into.
But I figured my mother would love to have one as a status symbol kind of thing.

It is, however, a retiring color, so we are a bit out of style, but honestly, who cares!
And she was pretty thrilled to get it.
Well I thought she was.
I'll see how many comments I get from the ladies around town who know my mother (and know that she talks incessantly) - that will be the true test.
Now, if I were to buy a Vera Bradley bag this is what I would like for myself, something simple and classic:

But for $79 I think I'd rather have something in leather.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yeah... but lots of the VB bags make fun knitting bags. You know. For the knitting bag collection.

Happy Birthday to Mom!

Angelika said...

Trust me, since I like to quilt as well, I'd love to get my hands on an easy pattern for something like this. I'd like to own one, but not for that price and the rest I'd like to sell. Can you imagine the run for it? Any suggestions?

Caroline said...

Too funny. My mom turned seventy-four this fall, and my sister bought her a VB bag. I have to admit that I hadn't heard of them before. But I love them now! I'm so out of the fashion loop!