Friday, January 19, 2007

Decisions, decisions, decisions

Today is the last day to register for classes without incurring a late registration fee.
This is important because I haven't yet registered for a class.
And I swore I wasn't going to.
But then I looked at the books for a particular class, namely Children's Literature.
They're studying Peter Pan, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, Treasure Island, The Princess Bride, and four other books.
Since I'm still in a non-matriculated status, I can only take three classes before I apply for the Master's program and I've already completed one. And since I've been taking classes non-stop since September 2003 I know that I really need a break for many reasons, namely to get my house organized and spend time with the family.
Oh, and knit!
However, I really like to take classes and Learn! and I feel as if I'll be missing out if I don't take a class. And truthfully I do have this grand delusion that someday I'll be working on a PhD, because who doesn't want to be a secretary working on a PhD?
Anyway, I thought the answer would come to me in a dream as to whether or not I should register.
It didn't.
I asked DN2 if she minded if I took another class on Monday nights and at first she said no, then after I asked her about ten more times she said, "go ahead and take it because you'll just keep asking me until I say yes."
Jaded at eight.
Sounds like a new after-dinner mint.
Dang.
Here it is 6AM and I can't decide whether to take it or not.
This is going to be a long day.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Take it! You know you want to. Yes, I am an enabler of the highest order. After all, I work in higher education, right?!

Kat said...

Take it. I took "Kiddie Lit" at UConn and loved it. I had to wait until I was a junior to take it because it was really popular and hard to get into. It was actually quite a tough course but very enjoyable. The highlight was when we got to meet the guy who plays Big Bird. That was pretty cool.

Caroline said...

Mmmm. I'm kind of a dissenting vote. You know, I thought we might be kindred spirits when I saw that you liked both The Ghost and Mr. Chicken AND The Secret of Roan Inish , so I'll put in my two cent's worth. I'm not teaching a night class this semester and I feel so relieved. It's like I don't even mind the regualr work day because I feel so free. On the other hand, I took "Kiddie Lit" years ago and loved it. I think we had to read like twenty Newberry Award winners as part of it, and when my kids were little I always had a book that I knew they'd like.