Monday, February 13, 2012

Oy Vey, I am so Verklempt

Verklempt
Part of speech: adjective
Definition: Overcome with emotion; choked with emotion; gobsmacked; on the verge of tears
Etymology: Yiddish

Verklempt.
One of my favorite words.
It's like the Yiddish aloha, or even "dude" - more than one meaning, and can be used in many different situations with the meaning varying with differing intonations.
At this moment, however, I am truly overcome with emotion (see - verklempt is quicker, and much more emphatic when I hold my hand to my chest, and close my eyes as I bow my head). If you were here you could totally see me being sincerely verklempt.
Why, you ask?
Because a package came in the mail for me on Saturday.
My good fairy AKA Major Knitter sent me a lovely Valentine's Day package.
What was in it?
Feast your eyes on this lusciousness:


Now do you understand?
I'm in love.
You do remember this yarn, right?
It's wonderful to have such wonderful friends, but Major Knitter knows that gifts or no she's got an ally in me. She is just a remarkable woman with unlimited enthusiasm and a grand passion for life.
What I love about Jimmy Beans Wool, however, is that they also stick extra goodies in with your package.
I've received hard candy before, but this time it was stitch markers.
You can see them in this pic:

Love it, love it, love it.
Now I've just got to find a good pattern so that if she and I have the opportunity to get together in a few weeks in NYC, I can show her my progress.
After all, she's the one who taught me to knit.
Big thanks to Major Knitter for everything - you're the best.



1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Ooh - I'm so glad you like it! I love that Jimmy Beans sends little surprises with the packages. It's such a simple thing, but people really love getting a little extra. I can't wait to see the socks as a WIP. Let's make plans!

Thank YOU for always being such a great friend!