Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Socking and Soleing

I had a goal for this past weekend.
Well, DN2 had a goal as well, and that was to head to the local amusement park.
We did that, but I was also able to incorporate my goal in with hers.
I was bound and determined to knit socks all weekend.
And I did!
I finished this pair knit with Paton's Shetland Chunky (I'd show you the second one but I'm not quite sure where it is, but I know it's around here somewhere!):
And this pair of Moda Dea Sassy Stripes (after I had to rip the second sock back TWICE!):
And this pair of Lion BrandCottage Slipper socks:
(They wear like you have an afghan on your feet, and truthfully they're not pretty -- because they look like something you would put on underneath your armor before going into battle -- but trust me, they're warm.)
And I started on this pair using Moda Dea Sassy Stripes:
And this pair I worked on diligently while standing in line for roller coaster rides at Darien Lake:
Bernat Denim Style (acrylic and cotton so I hope they don't sag too much or shrink too much, guess we'll see!).
Yes I am a sock-making fool. And as I was standing in line at the amusement park a lady looked over at me and said:
Lady: I don't think I've ever seen anyone knitting at a Six Flags before.
Me: Well it sure passes the time.
Lady: I bet it does!
And then we laughed.
Okay, so sue me, not a great conversation, but she was awed.
And I was awed that I didn't drop a DP while standing in line.
I told my friend Flower about it this morning and she thought I also knit while on the roller coasters.
Oh no!
Are you kidding?!?!
I gripped tight and closed my eyes.
Can you imagine?!?!
Sunday I sat in the backyard and knit, knit, knit.
It was wonderful.
Yesterday I went to my mother's house and ate and knit, knit, knit.
What's even better is that my sock knitting is going much more quickly because I'm getting used to it.
Thank goodness.
I should be learning how to can fruits and vegetables (gas exceeded $4.00 a gallon this weekend), but I will have warm feet this winter.

1 comment:

Angelika said...

I can see you did your share of knitting in public. I think it's funny how amazed some people are about it. I'm glad they didn't take away your needles at the entrance of the park. :)