Saturday, April 28, 2007

What I've Learned After Drinking Two Beers in a Bar

I used to drink a lot.
A lot.
But that was decades ago.
I don't drink much anymore, so when DH and I went to a restaurant/bar last night to see some of my friends from work, I of course drank some beer (Killian Red in case you're wondering).
And I discovered several things about myself.
I'm a Lightweight. I weigh much more now than I ever did when I was drinking a lot, but I'm a true lightweight now. Two beers is all it takes to take me down.
I'm Cheap. How can it cost $3.25 for one bottle of beer?!?! Makes me remember how much more economical it is to drink at home in front of your tv.
I'm a Slob. There's a reason why I don't eat ribs in public. I love them, but I am a messy eater, and after two beers? - the sauce is all over my face and on my shirt. What a slob.
I'm getting Old. I know I'm getting older (and lazier) because I just don't see anything wrong with falling asleep at 8:00 on a Friday night.
Sad.
Very sad.

No comments: