Thursday, April 26, 2007

Raise your hand if you love thunderstorms!

It's getting darker outside and the thunder is rolling and the lightning is flashing...what a great way to spend a Thursday evening.
It would be even better if it were a spooky Saturday or Sunday afternoon.
I absolutely love thunderstorms.
You can't get hurt by them - it's only loud noise!
After all, no one has ever been hit by thunder!
I don't like to drive in the rain, though, because my vision is wonky enough, I don't need the rain to exacerbate the situation.
I hit up the book sale at the library today - it started yesterday and I can only imagine what I missed.
Fifty cents for hardcover books and twenty-five cents for paperbacks (remember now, I work at a College, so you know there are some good things coming out of the library).
Got some interesting items - a huge red volume of Twentieth Century Children's Writers; Krakatoa: The Day the World Exploded; Joseph Conrad's Youth; and I bought two books for one of the girls with whom I work because she stayed behind to watch the phones while another woman and I went to the library.
I don't know if she answered them or not but she was there to watch them if they rang.
Now this girl (woman, I should call her) likes romance novels, so I bought her books that are not romance novels, per se, but definitely have something of a love story to it - but also plenty of depth. For her summer reading pleasure (why put it off until then?!?) I picked up two books, one by Rosamunde Pilcher and the other by Maeve Binchy. I have always enjoyed their work, and they're literate as well, so you don't have to be ashamed to show the book in public.
I have a 15 page paper due next Friday and I am still allowing my thoughts to incubate.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
This weekend I will be allowing my fingers to give birth to the 15 page baby in my head.
Let's hope it's a successful delivery.
Off to make supper -- what should we have with the rain?
Why soup of course.

No comments: