Thursday, June 05, 2008

Thursday Quiz - Things I Need to Do

Remember in my last post where I said my grammar class was fun?
Yeah.
Not so much.
Memorization!
That's what I'm doing.
Trying to remember things I haven't thought about in years other than through using them.
Memorizing the definitions of phrase, clause, prepositional phrase, noun, noun determiner, noun inflection, noun functions, nominative pronouns, objective pronouns, possessive pronouns, relative pronouns, interrogative pronouns, indefinite pronouns, demonstrative pronouns, reflexive pronouns, reciprocal prounouns....and the list goes on.
It is a good class, I won't deny that.
But I sit there for two hours thinking I'm grasping it and really all I'm doing is catching flies because my mouth is hanging open as I look dumbfounded at the professor as the streaming thought, "I hope I can pass" runs through my brain. (And that, my friends, is a run on sentence. And the inclusion of "my friends" in the previous sentence is an appositive. Help me! I can't stop!)
This morning I woke up defining some of the aforementioned parts of speech.
I'm getting desperate.
And I do study every night.
I have no choice!
Good thing I'm anal at times.
How do I know that I am anal retentive?
I took a quiz, of course.
And you can too.
Here you go!



You Are in the Anal Stage of Development



According to Dr. Freud, you are stuck in the anal stage of development.
If your parents didn't discipline you enough as a young child, you may be messy, reckless, and defiant.
If your parents disciplined you too severely as a young child, you may be uptight, stingy, and passive aggressive.
No matter where you fall, you are likely to have a few problems with authority.


My mother was all about me joining the Marine Corps, but of course the curse she placed on me has stayed with me throughout my life. She told me once, "You have problems with authority."
Yes I do, Mom, and Dr. Freud says it is all your fault.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

And I was so jealous of your grammar class! Now, not so much.

Ugh! Rote memorization is hard for me.