Friday, June 06, 2008

Are The Ting Tings the Next Big Thing (Thing)?

Has anyone heard of The Ting Tings? I first did about a month ago.
And then I sought out some of their other music and realized that I had heard one of their songs on an iPod commercial ("Shut Up and Let Me Go.")
I think they're great.
The beat on their songs is always catchy, it makes you want to dance (although you don't want to see me dance), and the the tunes just won't leave your head.
("It's got a catchy beat and you can dance to it so I'd give it a 92, Dick.")
I have them on Francesca (my iPod) and I will be listening to her tomorrow during my AIDS Walk in Highland Park.
Here is one of The Ting Tings songs from their CD that was just released in the States:



You can check out more of their videos on YouTube or songs on MySpace.
Fame is a fickle thing so I'm not sure if they will last much longer than a year or two.
Who knows.
But I do believe they will define the sound for the summer of 2008.
And we've certainly left winter behind now, thank goodness.

No comments: