Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Swap Shopping

It's hard to shop for swap packages.
Well, it's difficult for me, because I want to send just the right thing.
And then I second guess myself and think, No, this is not right, and then I head out and buy something different.
You'd think I have money, right?
Wrong.
Over the past few days we've been to two different LYS' that, with today's gas prices, traveling 25 miles to an LYS hardly makes either of these a "local" yarn shop. (I saw $4.25 gas yesterday - YIKES!)
One LYS is Knit 'N Purl in Brighton and unfortunately they are closing their doors on June 20th. Good sales, but sad they're closing.
Then last night DN2 and I headed to A Knitter's Corner in Medina.
Nice place and their store is very organized because it really is not that big, it is a true "corner."
So now I have completed the shopping for two Ravelry swaps - The Black Yarn Swap and the Cuppa Tea Summer Solstice Swap. One more swap to go.
Now all I have to do is get these packaged and in the mail.
The Black Yarn Swap package is going to Beate in Norway and the Summer Solstice Swap is a surprise!
Swaps are fun!

No comments: