Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Summer Solstice is on the Horizon

This Saturday is the Summer Solstice.
Some people call it the longest day of the year because the sun is at its highest point. Others call it the saddest day of the year because after this the sun starts to get lower in the sky and winter is literally just over the horizon.
Well this Summer Solstice is going to be a great one for me.
I'll be knitting socks but I'll also be sipping iced tea in some wonderful flavors courtesy of Ravelry Member Liquid Lace.
This is what was in the box I received on Friday:



Would you look at that lovely sock yarn?
It is scrumptious and I can't wait to use it to make socks, but I'm waiting until the 21st, just to be symbolic and all that.
I have found a pattern that I think might work well, Sweet Socks.
What do you think?
I'm definitely open to suggestions because I love how the colors in the yarn blend together. Oh, I guess I should tell you that it is Aussi Sock Yarns in Faded Valentine. Even the color name is cool.
DN2 keeps trying to grab the cup with the cool straw and then the separate spoon straws.
I was so overwhelmed with this package it was wonderful!
Now I need to get my package off to my swap partner and then work on shopping for one more swap package.
And yesterday this package showed up on my doorstep:

Getting yarn in the mail is a great thing.
You'll have to wait until tomorrow to see what is in this package.
And by the way, guess who received an A on their Grammar mid-term?
That deserves a yee haw, doesn't it.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Sweet Socks look like the perfect summer project. What a happy package to receive.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your test! And that's a great package. I'm almost done with my book swap package--I need to pick up some tea and want to look for a few things at our local mystery book store.