Monday, October 30, 2006

When life's happening, blogging ain't

We've been busy so I think you get the picture - there's been a lot going on around Chez Igloo this past weekend, and not much time to blog about it.
We had guests up from Ole Virginny for DN2's birthday and see, I was so busy I didn't even have time to post a happy birthday message to her on my blog.
Instead, she had to settle for the new My Chemical Romance CD (parental warning be damned) and these boots:


I think she was good to go and more than satisfied.
Then from our Commonwealth friends she received the new Hannah Montana CD and DVD.

Now there is one ritual that I have everyday when I go to work, and I do this because I don't listen to music at my desk: it is imperative that the last song I play before heading inside is one that I will hum (and sometimes sing out loud to) for the rest of the day.
But nooo.
Not today.
Today I was singing about Hannah and how she has the best of both worlds.
Arrgh.
I'm a closet Billy Ray Cyrus fan just like many other people out there (like in "Doc") but enough is enough -- especially when you're trying to channel the Allman Brothers and all you get is the daughter of the Achy Breaky Heart man. And especially when your daughter plays Nine Inch Nails just for you on the radio at 6:15 in the morning (oh Trent, you want to do what like an animal???). Fortunately, but a bit too late in the day to save my sanity, DN1 attempted to rescue me with a text message telling me about a Cornflake Girl, so I left the building with that song in my head.

It was a good weekend, and we capped it off with a nice bit of antiquing in what is becoming my favorite (and closest) antique store. Here Ms. T (professional party planner extraordinaire) shows off the dinner plates from the two Spode 5-piece place settings she purchased from the shop. Ebay price: $83; antique store price: $35 = Bargain! Now that kind of math I can do.

I purchased an inexpensive bookshelf right out from under the noses of some other customers -- they should become familiar with that old Latin phrase - Caveat emptor, which translated into contemporary English means, you snooze you lose, sucka!

We were sad to see them go, but we'll be down to visit real soon.


And now we can turn the heat back down, since the thin-blooded Southerners have gone.

No comments: