Wednesday, October 18, 2006

How every well-trained cat owner behaves

Sometimes I just wake up too early. I really do. I wake up much too early. And then of course get absolutely nothing accomplished. Except for a random blog entry here or there.

Why do I get up so early? Because the cats come and sit on my chest. At 3:30. Like clockwork. Every day.

Lovely.

And Benno purrs so loudly he sounds like an 18-wheeler in idle. What do you do with an 18-wheeler in idle on your chest? You dislodge it as soon as possible. So what do I do? I get up and give them food.

They have me so well trained.

Yesterday my package from KnitPicks came in the mail and it contained this!

It's the new Mix and Mingle afghan kit in Jewel. SN2 picked out the color. My house is so cold I need as many afghans as I can just so we can sit in the living room and watch the telly. I would have loved to get the Colinette Ab-Fab kit that I have been wanting for three years, but I just haven't been able to gather the courage to spend that much money. Someday.

The people who pack these bags are masters of logistics. I unpacked the yarn, and it looks like this.

It sure didn't look as neat as the first picture when I tried to put it back in the plastic bag. It's such a mess I can't even take a picture of it. I'll just have to start knitting it right away.

Gee, you'd never guess that one of us has an annotated bibliography due on Monday would you.

This came in my package from Knit Picks too.

I really would like to get the Knit Mittens book, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Now you know that a spot that has been vacated by yarn is quickly occupied by cats.

Yes, there they are the lovely buggers. Waking me up at three bloody thirty in the morning.

I'm watching Shakespeare Re-Told "The Taming of the Shrew" so I'm engaging in Brit speak this morning. And having a cuppa. And wondering why Rufus Sewell never comes to see me. Think about it, Rufus.

I think I really am up much too early. Perhaps I should go back to bed for a while. Or at least kip on the couch.

No comments: