Friday, January 11, 2013

Strange and Irrelevant

And now for something completely strange and irrelevant.
Can you tell what it is?


It's the lights on my washing machine.
I think there are more lights on that then there were on the spaceship in Close Encounters of the Third Kind.


Okay, well, almost.
I guess my washer isn't going to take us on any intergalactic travel, but it is kind of strange to see all these lights at night.
Almost looks like the lights on a car's control panel too, or perhaps a new constellation of stars.
Modern technology.
We've come a long way since this:


Although for the record, if things do go badly for the world, come on over because I do have an old washboard and some tubs.
Anyone else?

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I just think about all the extra wasted energy on the clock and lights. I'm surprised they keep adding more when people are trying to lessen their carbon footprints. I unplug almost all my appliances when not in use. It's my little quirk.