Sunday, January 06, 2013

Sitting Down for Downton

Today begins the first day of the Downton Abbey Mystery KAL.
Are you a fan?

I like the show, but I have to admit that I haven't watched the entire series, but I do so love a beautiful, one of a kind yarn.
That's what I have - straight from Jimmy Beans Wool - Lorna's Laces sportmate in the Downton Abbey colorway:


Pretty, isn't it?
I should really take my own picture because of course it's a bit different.
There's still time to get involved in the KAL - just go to the Jimmy Beans Wool blog and you'll find links on there with instructions.
Now even though I haven't watched enough of the show this was something I intended to do over the Christmas break, but along with cleaning, decluttering, and exercising, watching the two seasons of the show were things that didn't get accomplished. Think it will make a difference?
I hope not.
Which is why I felt okay taking this little quiz that tells you which Downton Abbey character you are.
Guess who I am.
A maid.
To be precise:
You are Anna Smith, head housemaid of Downton. You are basically the best employee ever. Competent, practical and tough, you can handle anything life throws at you - whether it’s rude colleagues, secretive romantic partners or surprise dead bodies in the workplace. Your kindness and loyalty are to be admired, and that Bates fellow should really recognize what a catch you are.
Go figure.
Introverted me, working quietly for the people, and not the one living in luxury.
Bah.
It's time to start knitting.


2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Aww - I LOVE Anna! She's my favorite character in the whole series because she's the one I'd want to be friends with. Of course, I got Robert, Earl of Grantham. Ha! It must have something to do with smoking cigars and being an officer in the military. ; )

Caroline said...

I've been so excited about Season 3 of Downton Abbey coming. I love Anna too, and she's beautiful inside and out. I went to the Jimmy Bean's website, and they're all out of the "Downton Abbey" yarn. I'm thinking I still may order some Lornas Laces that's similar.