Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thursday Quiz - Seeing is Believing

Almost six years ago we started watching a new series on Showtime that blew us away.
It was Dead Like Me (DLM).
We watched it faithfully on Sunday nights at 10:00 -- I remember the time because I was taking classes and my assignments were always due by midnight on Sunday evenings.
I would try and get the papers done before 10:00 pm so I could enjoy the show unfettered by a deadline, but invariably I would end up working until 9:59, watch the show, and then frantically finish my work in that last hour between 11:00 pm and midnight.
Boy I don't miss that, but I do miss DLM.
We own both seasons on DVD and will watch the show from time to time, but the series was abruptly cancelled after only two seasons and we longed for more.
Then we heard there was a movie in the works.
It came out on DVD yesterday, and I watched it this evening.
Did it satisfy my need to watch DLM?
To a certain extent - it had many of the same characters, and it offered them a resolution -- but I'm still not sure.
I think I will have to watch it one more time.
(But the "new" Daisy? Ick. This actress was Totally NOT Daisy.)
DLM, for those who have never seen the show, offers an idea of what happens to you and your soul once you die.
In some ways it was reassuring, because we just don't know.
This series provided you with possibilities that can not be ruled out, variations on death that seem like wonderfully benign alternatives to the scary unknown.
All the time, you are aware that this show is just the product of someone's fine imagination.
There's comfort in there, absolutely.
So, with that in mind, I thought I would do a religious quiz today to see what it says about me.
Well, and because we just celebrated the bicentennial of Charles Darwin's birth (hey, I think we can believe in God and evolution - for example, the nail on my pinky toe keeps shrinking day by day, soon it will be all gone), here's a little quiz:




You Are a Believer



You definitely believe in God - and you're very unwavering in your religious beliefs.
In fact, religion and spirituality are definitely big parts of your life.
Religion shapes how you view right and wrong, as well as the decisions you make.
It's hard for you to imagine how your life would be without your beliefs.


Of course it's like George Lass says, "We all have to go sometime."
Until tomorrow, then.

No comments: