Sunday, February 08, 2009

Passing it along

I have a song in my head and it won't go away.
It's been hanging around for almost 24 hours.
Seriously, I heard it last night on Prairie Home Companion.
Now if I follow the rules established by Homer Price I can rid myself of it.
Not familiar with Homer's rules?
You might have to read about them in this particular book, but that's the only hint I'm giving you.
Here's the song:



If you can't stop humming or singing this song, and I can, then I know I've been successful.
Sorry to do this to you, but desperate times call for desperate measures.
(BTW, in the version I grew up singing, Dan was indeed late for his supper, and as supper was over, dinner was cooking, and old Dan Tucker just stands there looking.)

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Wow, we must be in sync, what with your Coraline post and being sick on Friday. I hope you're feeling better. I hate having to miss work...the "having to" part no the "missing part."

Thanks for putting that annoying song in my head now. (LOL) I always think of Mr. Edwards humming that song throughout the Little House on the Prairie episodes.