Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thursday Quiz - Christmas Carols

I love Christmas music.
As soon as I finish my paper and can relax, once the house is decorated, I'm ready to give my annual review of new Christmas music.
To get in the spirit, however, I've been listening to Pandora radio at work.
I got so excited when they sent me an email stating they had several different "genre" stations featuring Christmas music; they have classical Christmas, rockin' Christmas, Christmas jazz, etc.
I decided to give Rockin' Christmas a try - why not, right?
I like to sing along just like everyone else.
Now let me tell you about a Christmas song that I do not like - The Little Drummer Boy.
Excuse me if I've talked about this already, but I have to go through it again.
When I was in 4th grade I used to love that song. I watched the tv special about him, I would listen to the song on my little blue record player, but then over the years that "rum-pa-pum-pum" really started to wear on my nerves.
I stopped listening to that song.
So, I'm at work listening to Rockin' Christmas on Pandora and digging the first few songs (although they don't let you vote) - when what comes on? - you guessed it, "The Little Drummer Boy."
I can't listen to it - I try to vote it down so it won't play anymore, but since they've disabled that option I can't - so I switch to the next song!
Crisis averted.
Only problem - approximately 3 songs later what comes up again?
Another version of "The Little Drummer Boy!"
Kill me now!
On Pandora you can only skip so many songs in an hour, so I'm stuck listening to "The Little Drummer Boy" ALL THE TIME because it appears about every 5th song!
This is not hyperbole - this is fact.
I turned on Pandora yesterday morning to begin my day, and what is the first song that plays?
You guessed it - "The Little Drummer Boy."
Apparently that song is the iceberg lettuce that holds the Pandora sandwich together.
I switched stations to Classical Christmas.
I think I'm safe now because I'm pretty sure the Vienna Boys Choir has never sung that song.
Now here's a quiz that tells what Christmas carol I am this year:



Your Christmas Song Is "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas"



Have yourself a merry little Christmas,
Let your heart be light
From now on,
Our troubles will be out of sight

From baking cookies to giving gifts to everyone...
You enjoy brightening up the season for those you know


Meet Me in St. Louis is one of my favorite movies - and who doesn't love Judy Garland.
So I'll share "my" Christmas carol with you - enjoy!

Now let me know what Christmas carol you are!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I know how that is. I change the station every time I hear Abba singing a song about a man whose name starts with the letter F.

; O

Hope your holiday preparations are bright and cheery!