Sunday, August 05, 2007

A Plethora of Buttons

When I was growing up my grandmother used to have an old Singer sewing machine and one of the drawers was filled with buttons.
I used to love running my fingers through the buttons and I've always wanted my own collection.
I don't know how to sew, I'm sorry to say, but I'd like to have the buttons just so I could play with them.
My apologies in advance for the blurry pictures, but here are some pretty buttons I found on sale at Wal-Mart with which I am starting my collection:


And these are for whenever I get around to making someone a sweater:


I got these because you just never know when you can use shell buttons or plain plastic ones:

The shell ones in the middle would actually work for a felted handbag.
I had to go on eBay to find buttons I thought would work for my first felted bag.
First I found an old button that looked like it might work:

It really doesn't.
This next one has a dragonfly on it:


It's not really what I was looking for.

This one is what I was looking for.
It's not as big as I thought it would be but even still the colors are perfect.
And no, it is not embedded into Benno's fur.


This is the bag in question.


I think Benno agrees with my button choice.
Now as long as he doesn't shed all over my bag...

No comments: