Friday, July 13, 2007

Bring it On

I'm not normally afflicted with triskaidekaphobia or even paraskavedekatriaphobia but this morning has been a bit hairy.
After going to sleep and waking up on the same day (which means after midnight and before 5:00), against my better judgment I decided to felt the hat that I stayed up so late to finish.
Three minutes in the hot water and I pulled it out to check.
I like to check often since my first mistake at felting two years ago when I left a hat in too long and it shrank up to a horribly small shape.
I wasn't going to make that mistake again, especially since I had just felted two handbags.
So I pulled it out.
I unzipped the pillow case cover and pulled out the hat - want to know what I found?
The top where I had pulled the last few stitches tightly together, or so I thought, had all come undone and there was a huge gaping hole at the top.
That woke me up.
I stitched it up as best I could and I'm praying that the felting process will sufficiently cover up this HUGE mistake, but even still I'll always know that the hat covering my cranium has a hole in it.
And it might not sufficiently cover the one in my head.
Go figure.
It's Friday the 13th.
If this is what is going to happen to me at 5:45 in the morning I say - Bring it.
I'm ready.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Julie, You're so cute. I'm coming back! I can't believe that it's been nearly two months since I've posted. I was sooooo busy, and then I got out of the mode. Plus I was knitting NADA!

We're on vacation now, but when we get back, I'm emailing you my thesis. I finished it about two weeks ago, that's about a month after I said that I'd be finished in a day or so! It won't hurt my feelings if you don't want to read it all. It's close to eight pages long,