Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Books and books and more books

I'm still working on my paper so no big news on my homefront.
Although I did stop to watch NCIS last night.
I enjoy that show, even if it gets a little hokey in some spots.
Then instead of returning to my paper I changed the channel and found out they were showing the movie The Mighty which is based on the book Freak the Mighty that I read for class.
I think I'm about ready to find an area in literature in which I can specialize, but is there any money out there for someone who knows everything there is to know about junior novels of the 40's, 50's and 60's?
Yeah, I doubt it.
It's sad when a secretary can make more money than a professor.
Anyway Caroline asked me about The Woman in White.
To be honest I haven't finished it yet, but what I've read so far is enjoyable.
It's a typical 19th century book written with all the extraneous adjectives that you would normally find. I will finish it one of these days, if I can stop reading Betty Cavanna or Rosamond du Jardin or other authors of that ilk.
I'm so stuck in a different era.

No comments: