Friday, May 11, 2007

The Kool-Aid House


Today is the last day of classes for the college.
We're back to being a full house again.
All six of us (DH, myself and four kids) are again under one roof.
It's been four years since we were all together, so it is taking some adjustment, but it's not too bad really.
We have much more room than we did in Quantico (about 3,000 more square feet).
Funny thing is, we always were happy to take people in when our house was smaller.
And by taking people in I mean inviting them to spend the night, the weekend, whatever.
I'm a firm believer in it's not where you spend your time but with whom you spend it.
Then come Monday we'll be having three college students come spend a few days until they can get into their summer apartment.
Is there room?
Sure.
Are there enough beds?
No.
Should any of us care?
Nah, any port in a storm.
We are back to being the Kool-Aid House, with lots of people coming and going.
I like it.
It allows me to sit back and watch and not have to interact too much.
And that's a good thing.
(As long as no one touches my Cadbury Mini-Eggs.)

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Yay for the end of another college year; but oh yes, you must draw the line with the mini-Cadbury eggs! LOL!

Loved your "eight random things." Now you've inspired me to read The Good Earth It's not right for me to have skipped that classic!

Kat said...

There is an Irish saying...

"There's always room for one more."