Today is someone's birthday!!!
Happy Birthday Gayle!
And today is also the anniversary of a good friend -- he's spent 30 years in the Marine Corps - started out a private and is now a colonel. Imagine that. And still a great leader and deep thinker. Happy Anniversary!
Now I've been tagged by Caroline (who I'm beginning to like more and more as time goes by) to dish about myself and provide you with eight random facts.
Here are the rules:
Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
People who are tagged write a blog post about their own eight random things and post these rules. At the end of your post you need to tag eight people and include their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
It's a stretch to find eight interesting/semi-interesting facts. I mean honestly, eight?!?! I would prefer ten, I like to keep things well-rounded. Here goes:
1. I once ran the Marine Corps Marathon without training for it and I finished it.
2. Every town/state/country I go to I always imagine living there – some places pass muster, some places I can’t wait to leave. I'm still undecided about where I'm living now.
3. I love the smell of cinnamon or apples, spicy smells, but I won’t burn candles with those scents in the summertime -- I reserve those smells for the fall and winter.
4. I’m not as smart as I think I am, but I’m not as dumb as I play at being.
5. I clap every time someone gets Double Jeopardy on the show Jeopardy. It doesn't matter where I am because with true Pavolovian training, I clap.
6. DH was deployed for the Gulf War when I was pregnant with SN2. I wanted to go into the delivery room alone so that way I could talk sh*t later on about how I did it myself. O-Lan from The Good Earth was my role model, I really wanted to be like her. But DH came back in time so I was never able to test my mettle. Dang it.
7. I obsessively check my shipping status on amazon.com once I've ordered something. Ask Kat, she'll tell you. I look several times a day, as if it's going to magically get delivered quicker.
8. I know the words to almost every song that comes on the radio. Especially the ones from the 70s. I've even had people ask me about that. It's a gift. Too bad my singing voice is not.
And for a bonus let me tell you a little story that I thought about tonight while I was driving up to the Devil's Store (help me stay away!) and a Who song came on the radio and at the same time the Sabres were working at losing game one in the series.
I went to Buffalo to see The Who during their farewell concert tour in 1982 and when they performed the song Love Reign O'er Me and Roger Daltrey sang "Rain on me" it actually began to rain. It was magical and I'll never forget it.
Now I must tag eight people, but because I'm not a stickler for convention, and I consider myself a paradox on my good days (wanna-be hippie yet rabid conservative), and a total piece of sh*t on my bad days, I may just be a hippie today and break all the rules and not tag anyone!
That's what I am going to do, because it's late at night and I need to get to bed (10:00, ohmygosh! past my bedtime!).
Seriously, post your eight random things, and we'll all be over later to check them out.