Friday, February 02, 2007

Oh to be in Punxsutawney

It's Groundhog Day.
A day for monumental things to happen.
First and foremost, will the shadow be seen or not?
I know this is a day we always use to predict the remaining length of winter, but it has always seemed to me that we're going to have another 6 weeks of it (at least) regardless of what Phil and his progeny see.
So you can be entertained and watch the irascible Bill Murray relive his life over and over.
Did you ever think about how long a period of time he was there repeating the day? Long enough to learn how to play piano and do many other things to a high level of proficiency. My prediction: it had to be about 3 years.
When I went to SNCO Academy in '93, this movie came out and it prompted many discussions about which day you could live over and over, if you had a choice.
I think it's hard to chose, and sometimes not even necessary.
As Freak says, "You don't need a time machine if you know how to remember."

No comments: