Monday, February 12, 2007

Looking out and looking in

What you see when you look out the windows of my house:


What you would have seen on Sunday if you had been looking in:








Some of my cousins came to tea.
Along with my mother and one of my aunts.
With our family when you tell them what time it will end, it will always be exceeded by at least an hour.
I belong to a family of talkers.
And there were a lot of them present yesterday.
Which is great, because I really enjoy their company.
We'll definitely be doing this again.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

The Danes have a word that isn't directly translated into English. The word is "hygellig," and it basically means cozy and comfortable. I'm always striving to make things hygellig. Looks like you attained it:)

Jennifer said...

OMG - it looks like a great day. I've been thinking about you with all the snow in NY - and worried about the "Lake Effect". But it looks like you're surviving... and in quite the Martha Stewart style.

How fun to have a family of talkers and gatherers. I really miss that. I might come crash next time you're having one. : )