Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I'm channeling Monty Hall

Some people think I carry too much stuff around.
My kids do.
And my DH does too.
But really, I don't think I carry all that much around in my handbag.
Take a look at this.
Does it look full?
Yes, it is.
Does it look heavy?
Well, yes it is.
But move the knitting and it's not so bad.
Also, if you need something, by golly I've got it.
Last night we were visiting DN1 who is currently in the hospital (long story, can't violate HIPAA regulations, but let's hope she's out soon).
(Which hospital? The one that rhymes with Wrong, right Jean and Sheri?)
Anyway, you know how food is in a hospital, not exactly haute cuisine.
So before we left I knew she'd be sitting there by herself feeling like crap so I asked her if she wanted something, like a chocolate bar.
She said sure, so I began to dig.
And my family sat there amazed at everything that came out of my bag.
This is some of what is in the main compartment:
And these are some of the things in the small pocket on the inside:

(Kat, you'll appreciate the MCRA Life Member pin - who knows how that got in there, or how long it's been in there.)
And sorry for the blurry photos, apparently the DTs are kicking in.
And for those who asked (Major Knitter and Angelika), believe it or not the yarn I'm using for Rachael's Good Ole' Cabled Scarf is charcoal - I think the light hit it funny and it looked blue. But here it is in all its blurry glory:

Please note the Lantern Moon needles, received as a gift from the lovely Major Knitter 2 years ago.
So anyway, back to my bag.
Why do I carry so much stuff?
I guess I watched too many episodes of Let's Make a Deal when I was younger.
I'll be ready if anyone ever says, "I'll give $500 to anyone who has a spoon in their handbag."
Will you?

4 comments:

Kat said...

Why did I know the chocolate bar would be Cadbury before I even scrolled down to the picture???

knittish said...

Hee hee! That is so funny! I was just thinking today of all the stuff in my bag, too. Two tangerines, fuzzy pink gloves, dark chocolate bar with earl grey bits, keys, hand sanitizer, hand lotion, face lotion, pens, notepads, a box of notecards (in case I stopped at a cafe and felt like writing), sock knitting, wallet, PetSmart coupon for cat food, lip liner, two packs of tissues, etc. Alas, but no spoon. =)

Caroline said...

Mmmmm Cadburry. I WISH I had one in my purse right now. I'll go from one extreme to another. Some days, I have to ask to borrow a pen. Other days, I have twenty of 'em.

Justine said...

yes ladies it was quite a site to behold and probably the highlight of my day :)