Monday, June 29, 2009

We've Been Waiting for this Day

What can I say.
Three down, one to go for starters.
Only DN2 remains, and she won't graduate for another 7 years!
Sure our seats were kind of far away, but at this stage of the game, what did it matter. He was down there with his classmates.


We were just glad to be there.
And I think he looks pretty happy too now that it's done.
Both here with my mother:


And with the whole family:


The funny thing is I sent DH out to the lobby to find SN2 so he could take pictures while I helped my mother get to the lobby.
Once we found them I asked DH where SN2 was; DH said that he had already gone to turn in his gown and get his diploma.
I asked about pictures, and he said they hadn't taken any.
What?!?
We had NO pictures of him in his cap and gown.
None.
But you know, I let it go, because SN2 was actually done and had graduated.
We hoped.
He still had to see if his diploma was in the envelope, or if there was a dreaded note that told him to call the school counselor because he had not met all the requirements to graduate.
Our greatest fear.
When he came out with his diploma cover I had to ask; he looked at me and said, "It's in there."
Woo hoo.
Then he did something really sweet. He went to his friend Jay and asked if he could borrow his cap and gown so we could get some pictures.
And even better, Jay's family waited patiently while we took our pictures.
That was nice.
(Jay was actually one of SN2's first friends when we moved up here, and it's nice to see they're still friends, don't you think?)
So actually this is not the cap and gown in which SN2 graduated, but again, at this stage in the game, who cares.
He's done!
Now isn't this the walk of a young man feeling a large sense of relief?


I think so too.
Congratulations Pooh Bear - well played.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

That's a great story. I give him credit for actually thinking about being efficient and turning in his cap and gown. He gets more points for realizing Mom wants a photo... and borrowing a friend. You've raised a great kid, there, my friend. Hugs.