Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Haunting

Sometimes images never leave your head, even after many days, and sometimes they may haunt you forever.
I saw this video on YouTube via Facebook a few days ago, and I can't stop thinking about it.
Some may find the images objectionable (so says YouTube's rating), so if you have an aversion to violent images of people fighting for freedom and democracy, don't watch.



I constantly have to remind myself that this is 2009, not 1979.
The comparisons are there, although with startling differences, because I like to hope that they will fix what got screwed up back then.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Thanks, Julie. It's good for me to remember that as a spoiled American who often complains that our government has largely been controlled by ignorant, narrow-minded, old men, that I have no fear whatsoever of voicing that opinion to anyone anywhere I want. I'm so used to freedom that it's awesome (as in inspiring awe) to see others having to fight so hard for it.