Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Does anyone even know who Franz Liszt is anymore?

DN1 sent me a link (on MySpace) to this video "Lisztomania" by Phoenix from their new album (CD?) Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix.
Interesting stuff - quite catchy, especially when you listen to it five times through like I just have - so I thought I'd share it with you.
Let me know what you think.



And then there is the first video that came out featuring this song, before the official version, called the Brat Pack Mash-up. Good stuff here too:



The band prefers their effort, but the brat pack one is pretty popular too.
Which version do you like better?
Or, would you rather just listen to the song?

P.S. Yes, I know who Franz Liszt is, although I rarely listen to his music (except the Mephisto Waltz. According to reports, he was the Michael Bolton (ugh) of classical music in the early 19th Century. Go figure. They even made a movie about him. Hmm, learn something new everyday.

No comments: