Thursday, August 14, 2008

Thursday Quiz - Tealicious

We had an arts and crafts festival in town last weekend.
It was different than previous years, even though a lot of the vendors were the same.
Kashi had this HUGE four booth display with free samples.
Who doesn't love free samples, seriously.
They also had a wine tasting tent.
We went out for a bit on Saturday, but since DN2 and I were going to my cousin's wedding we didn't stay long.
Let me tell you about my cousin.
She is 55 and this is her third marriage.
My aunt (her mother), when I asked how she was feeling, said, "Numb."
Yeah, she doesn't hold out hope that it is going to work.
I do, and let me tell you why.
The guy she married is 64 years old and has never been married.
My cousin is not in the least duplicitous; as a matter of fact she is a sweet woman who barely holds a bad thought in her head. She's even friendly with her first husband who cheated on her (and is now regretting it). As she says, "Kevin made a mistake, that's all he did."
So, if her new husband has lived his entire life without marrying, don't you think he would think long and hard before entering into a relationship? Because this is a life-altering change.
(DH calls it a life-ending change. Oh isn't he a hoot.)
I think it will last.
Anyway, we went back to the festival on Sunday and of course it was raining.
Man did it rain.
Continental School of Beauty also had a tent there and they were fixing hair or giving people eyebrow waxes. I opted for the latter and DN2 opted for the former:




She took it out immediately after these pictures were taken because she complained that it hurt her head.
I tried to get her to realize how expensive a hairstyle like that would be.
She didn't care, and now she has some free bobby pins.
Whoop-de-doo.
Sorry, no pictures of my eyebrows.
The best tent there, in my opinion, was the Design-a-Tea vendor.
They were new this year, and are very nice people.
You can design your own tea using one of four bases and then add one or two flavorings. Then you can put anything on a label, picture, saying, anything, and gift it. Since they don't have to follow FCC rules, they said, you can really put anything you want on there.
Sounds like it would be great for swaps.
I haven't tried my tea yet, but this is what DH chose:


As he said, coconut and rum, two of my favorite things.

The people were very nice to DN2 and gave her this free sample:



She chose the flavors and is calling it Chanilla.
Yeah, okay.
I took a long, long time deciding and ultimately made this:



I really like fall flavored teas, so I'm anxious to try this Pumpkin Spice. I do not, however, like too much cinnamon. Sometimes it can burn when there is too much and that just ruins the soothing tea experience.
Now I don't know if I actually like Chai Tea or not, because I have never really tried it.
Silly me.



You Are Chai Tea



There are many subtle sides to your personality. You are difficult to decode.
You are a complex and deep individual. You have many nuanced beliefs, and your mood frequently changes.
You are a creative and expressive person. You draw your inspiration from the whole world.
You enjoy exotic food, music, and travel. Your tastes are very international.


What kind of tea do you like best? Or does your choice of a flavor change with the season?

1 comment:

Micky said...

I got Black Tea:

You have a bold personality. You're not afraid of simply being yourself.
You have the courage to speak the truth. You are fearless in your actions.

You come off as a bit intimidating and unapproachable. Only confident people are attracted to you.
You don't try to scare off anyone. You're just an intense person!


~
I don't drink tea much. But when I do, I like sweet tea, lots of ice and sometimes lemon.
:)