Wednesday, August 06, 2008

More Knitting

There is another new online knitting magazine.
This one looks good, it's called Knotions, and it is carrying some patterns from the now-defunct MagKnits (which I won't link to because there are no working links anymore).
Jennifer (aka Major Knitter) will be happy to know that the patterns in this magazine are free, and there are some very nice patterns there. Perhaps she could submit one of hers for publication. Have you ever thought about it?
The Olympics start today and I wondered if anyone had signed up for the Ravelympics?
I haven't and I won't (and I don't think it is open anymore), not because I am a hater, but because I don't really have the time for it.
I made the mistake, or took the opportunity however you want to spin it, to sign up to teach Sunday School for the year. Knowing the preparations required for that along with working full time in a very demanding office, and taking a class on Wednesday nights, I really need to get my act together and get organized. Only 3 more weeks or so until class starts. Yikes.
What is cool is that my high school Latin teacher, who had taught the class for years but is now taking a break, is now my backup in case I need to take a Sunday off.
I love torch passing exercises.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very cool about Sunday school! And I like Knotions.

I signed up for the Knitting Olympics, which was probably a bad idea. I don't think I've ever finished a KAL except for dishcloths. But I am in the WIP wrestling team and Sock Put, so maybe I'll have better luck this time.