Saturday, August 16, 2008

If You Have Too Much Time On Your Hands...

...you can come over to my house and dust.
There are some people who are truly taking to our charity knitting/crocheting group at work.
I am so overwhelmed I am almost speechless.
Almost.
Look at some of the beautiful projects people have been making on their own:

More squares, bringing our count to about 200:



This full-sized afghan was made by a woman who just couldn't stop crocheting. Say it with me, "You go, girl!"



These three lap-sized blankets were made by another woman and they are gorgeous. Just right to cover the lap of someone sitting in a wheelchair:




This quilt was made by the mother of one of the women in our group. She is also working on a full-sized afghan. And can you believe she had the nerve to apologize for not having the colors really match in this quilt? Is she nuts? I think so. It's all I can do to not take it home for myself. And wait, get this, she made it from scraps she had sitting around:



Now I just need to get on the stick and contact the agency to whom we are gifting these so it is not a HUGE, yet unexpected, surprise!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

LOVE the afghans. I especially like the black squares as the unifying theme. Keep up the good work.