Monday, March 24, 2008

I will not get sick, I will not get sick, I will not...

...oh crap, I am sick.
It started as a little tickle on Wednesday morning. By the afternoon when I left work it was a full compression on my chest and the coughing had begun. I rushed to the store and I've been ODing on OTC cold and flu medicine since Wednesday evening but it is a Sisyphean task. Once sickness comes it's there until it's over.
Of course I have taken so much medicine that now I do not know if I am loopy because I'm sick or because I'm over-medicated.
Or if it is just my natural demeanor.
Hmmm....
I've been so out of it that although I have been able to accomplish mindless knitting - stockinette on my second sock and K2 P2 on my new socks - I haven't been able to focus on much more than that. As a matter of fact I am at the point where I can do the toe on sock #2 but because I am having so much trouble focusing I am afraid to work on it until the fog in my brain clears.
I can only hope that this doesn't turn into the flu.
Although I would like to go back to bed - not to work.
They say this cough is called the 100 Day Cough.
I have to tell you, there are not enough Depends in the world that could see me through a cough for that length of time.
Okay, rather than leave you with that nasty thought I'll leave you with something better - some vintage Jeannie C. Riley (LOVE her boots!!!).

Who knew the PTA had so much power.

(Note at 7:40: And on top of everything else, it is snowing again! Come on, it is after Easter! Can we please have some relief?!?!)

1 comment:

Angelika said...

I feel for you, girl. I know exactly what you mean. Almost feels like being pregnant again, where a little sneeze can sent you running to the bathroom. After taking claritin for two weeks straight now again, it's getting better, but I'm still barking.