Tuesday, November 27, 2007

How Your Friends Can Influence You

Caroline, Caroline, what have you done.
I was so happy having just 200 books loaded into my LibraryThing.
But no, your recent post about books prompted me to think, what the heck.
$25 for a lifetime membership is not a bad price to pay to catalog my books.
And to be able to swap what I don't want or need!
What a bad influence you are on me, and if DH asks I'm just going to blame you.
So live with the guilt.
I've now cataloged 336 books - up 136 from two days ago.
Don't you know I have enough other "real life" stuff to do??
But seriously, if you have books at home, check out LibraryThing.
The first 200 books you load are free and you can also post it to your blog.
Look down to the left right now.
Go ahead, I'll wait.
Do you see it?
Go down some more - down below that outdated HP ad.
Where it reads, "Random Books from My Library".
See it now?
You can click on "My Library" and check out some of my books if you'd like, but even better, go get your own account.
If you decide to upgrade to a paid membership it is $10 a year or $25 for lifetime. Better get in on the lifetime memberships now, I say, right Kat?
Loads of fun for all you bibliophiles out there, yes, I'm talking about you.
Caveat lector!

1 comment:

Caroline said...

I take full responsibility! Although I'm planning to blame you to my husband when he finds out that I'm going to pay $25 to "play" with little icons of the books I own. It is incredibly cool!

Hey! did you get my email with my thesis attached? As if you don't have enough to do without getting pressure from your cyber-pal to read her boring paper!