Saturday, September 23, 2006

Before we get started

The names for our tea knit swap were passed out and I got an email from my partner who is anonymous still! So before I begin to answer the questions posed of me I will tell you that I ate a refreshing lunch consisting of a grilled cheese sandwich (swiss, of course) and tomato soup, perfect for a rainy day, and now I'm ready to get started.

No, I am not allergic to anything, but I really do not like lapsang souchong tea. I know, I know, I said I was game to try anything, but I should have qualified that statement and said anything but that kind. I'm really not a big fan of mint either, even though my daughter is and she insists on buying me mint tea when she is the one who really likes it. I also do not like ribbon yarn. So with that settled, here we go!

Bagged or Loose? Either - I love either. I actually have several (a lot) of teapots that I love to use and I also have an electric drip teapot that my friend Gayle gave to me for Christmas which uses both loose tea and bags. However, in the morning when I don't have time to waste and I am running late (every day), I like a quick cup of Earl Grey or Irish Breakfast from a bag.

What do you like to knit? Unfortunately I'm an enthusiastic knitter whose skill level is not commensurate with the amount of knitting books I own. However, I do like to knit mittens and I'm trying my hand at a pair of socks, but I'm not quite sure how that is going (it's that tricky turning of the heel). I do afghans, handbags, scarves, hats and I know I'll be working on some slippers for this winter.

What do you do for fun that has NOTHING to do with tea or knitting? I guess reading would be out, eh, because that is part of the holy trinity, right? I do a lot of reading actually. I do like to watch soccer, I like to go to the movies, or I like to walk along the Canal. Mostly I like to spend time with my family. Oh, and I listen to music quite a bit.

Are you excited that it's Autumn? I LOVE AUTUMN!!!

How do you feel about Halloween? I start buying candy in September and I had a baby on Oct 28 who I call my little pumpkin. Other than that, I don't think about it much. ^_^

During the last month what was the most interesting and pleasing thing you smelled? Funny you ask because in the grocery store today they had a bouquet of flowers that smelled like cinnamon. I think the smell of autumn in the air is the best ever - pumpkins and spices and apples and cinnamon and leaves - everything you can find at a Yankee candle store!

What do you like to do on Saturdays? Wake up early and spend time by myself, make a big breakfast for everyone, if possible, and then spend the day reading, knitting, watching movies and catching a quick nap. Ahh...the perfect Saturday. And bring on the rain/snow!

Do you work? Only out of necessity.

What hours will you generally be online? Now that's a hard one to answer. It varies throughout the day.

How often do you update your blog? Not as often as I should.

If I poke you to update more would it annoy you? No, and if you can get me out there running again I'd be extremely pleased.

What colors do you find pleasing? Blue, especially the darker shades of blue, pinks, purples and red (have you seen my shoes by the way?).

If you had a perfect day where everything was just as you like it what would it be like? A Saturday with a visit from Ed McMahon carrying a giant check followed by a phone call from Ioan Gruffudd telling me he loves me.

What is your favorite yarn brand? I love Colinette and Rowan, but do find their cost prohibitive at times. I like Patons wool, and my friend Jennifer sent me some Blue Sky alpaca for my birthday last year that practically cast itself on my needle. I love Brown Sheep and Lamb's Pride as well. I'm a devoted fan of Elann, and I'm not adverse to buying Lion Brand either. Not a very good answer, but what can I say, I'm a cheap yarn whore with expensive tastes.

What is the thing you like to knit most? Lately, mittens. And even though I know I need to diversify and stop with the scarves, there are so many out there that I like!

If you were a yummy treat what would you be and what would you say? I'd be milk chocolate a treat that seems to inspire a suggestive phrase like, "Mmmm...put me in your mouth and I'll melt with you." Oh yeah.

What floats your boat? Intelligent conversation.

If your boat was sinking what would you grab to take off with you when you jumped off? I'd cast off from the sinking ship in a lifeboat thus not loosing anything. I'm a pack rat, and I always travel as if I'm going on a 3 hour cruise with Gilligan.

Do you have a sense of humor? I've been told that I think everything is a joke. Was that a compliment or criticism? I could never tell, I was laughing too hard.

Got any fun plans coming up? Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas! The best time of the year before the winter hibernation period sets in.

Are there too many questions here? Of course not!

Also is there anything you wish to ask me. How did you come up with so many cool questions?

Can't wait to hear back from you. I'm very excited about this swap and getting to know you. Ditto!

No comments: