Thursday, September 07, 2006

And we're off to the rodeo

Does anyone remember that song? We used to sing it in high school because we felt cool singing a song that contained just about every curse word possible. Well I'm not in high school anymore. I am, however, back in college.

Just call me a glutton for punishment.

I love this thing called learning. My children, however, said, "Mom, what are you doing??? You stress so badly when you have to write papers."

I think I have a better handle on it this time around.

(I'll pause for a moment while you all laugh at me in unison.)

But seriously, what good does it do me to live within 2 blocks of a college and not utilize their services?

So I'm back in the saddle, but this time there is an appreciable difference: I am actually in a classroom (I finished my other master's utilizing an online program). And the other difference?

I am the oldest member of the class. And this includes the professor.

Yikes!

This doesn't necessarily guarantee me anything other than being literally old enough to be the mother of every single student in that classroom. Does this make them like/respect me more? I doubt it. Does it make the professor like/respect my opinion more? Who knows. Perhaps she is happy having someone older than her in the class.

Suffice it to say it will be an interesting 12 weeks. And if you're interested in seeing if my professor has anything good/bad to say, you can check out her blog. I do, and I know that when she discusses her "Intro to Grad Studies class", well, that's me.

And for the record, it's called "The Rodeo Song".

No comments: